NPS - Faculty Profiles - Heading
Back to Search
Mitchell S Friedman
Graduate School of Defense Management
Phone: (831) 656-3254
EdD - UNIVERSITY OF SAN FRANCISCO 2011
crisis management and communication; management communication
strategic communication, ethics in organizations, organizational behavior, crisis communication
Boards, Memberships, & Certifications
- 2019 Central Coast Writers
- 2019 Accreditation and Ethics Chair, Public Relations Society of America/San Francisco Bay Area Chapter
- 2018 National Association of Parliamentarians
- 2017 Association for Business Communication
Licensures and Certifications
- 2000 APR (Accredited in Public Relations), Public Relations Society of America
- Journal Article
- Friedman, M. S, (2018). On the Front Lines: The Role of PIOs in Emergency Response. Public Strategies and Tactics, 2018(October ).
- Friedman, M. S, (2016). The 12 Steps of Addiction Recovery Programs as an influence on leadership development: a personal narrative. Journal of Transformative Research, 2(3), 15-23.
- Panel (moderator)
- Friedman, M. S., International Academy of Business Disciplines, "How the Public Relations Campaigns Class Can Better Meet the Needs of Nonprofit Community Partners: A Panel Discussion," University of North Florida, FL. (April 1, 2019).
- Friedman, M. S., International Academy of Business Disciplines, "The Public Information Officer’s (PIOs) Participation in the National Incident Management System (NIMS) During Emergency Response: A Pilot Study," University of North Florida. (April 1, 2019).
- Friedman, M. S., Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Educators Academy, "The Public Information Officer’s Role in Emergency Response: A Literature Review," PRSA Educators Academy, University of Texas at Austin, TX. (October 6, 2018).