The Naval Postgraduate School is a defense-focused graduate university offering master’s and doctoral degrees in fields of study core to Naval-unique needs, the U.S. Armed Forces, DOD civilians and international partners.
The Naval Postgraduate School provides defense-focused graduate education, including classified studies and interdisciplinary research, to advance the operational effectiveness, technological leadership and warfighting advantage of the Naval service.
NPS Transformation Focus Areas:
- Strengthen our Core: NPS core curricula must develop the technical competencies necessary for student excellence in their primary warfighting duties, and accelerate the Department of the Navy’s advantage at sea.
- Increase our Impact: NPS must become fully optimized as the Department of the Navy’s applied research university to solve operational problems, deliver warfighting solutions and leaders educated to employ them.
- Enhance our Competitiveness: NPS must ensure its comparative advantage as a defense graduate university to attract our nation’s best talent and innovative research partners.
2020 Sponsored/Reimbursable Programs:
- Approx $101 million expended
- Research programs are aligned to NPS curricula
- NPS research is valuable to improving the security of the U.S.