SharePoint, Permission Instructions - Thesis Processing
Granting access to your SharePoint site
Only NPS users can access NPS thesis SharePoint sites
1. Click the Share button at the top right.
2. Begin typing in the last name until you see it appear on the list. Click on the name.
3. Click Show Options.
4. Choose a permission level for this person under Select a group or permission level.
We recommend Edit for advisors and chairs and Read for other thesis approvers.
For a detailed description of each permissions level, click here, and look for the "Default Permission Levels" section.
5. If you'd like to notify the person to whom you are granting access, click the checkbox next to Send an email invitation.
6. Finally, click Share.
To see a list of all your site members, click Share again, then the Shared with tab, then Advanced.
- Managers are the NPS staff with default access to all thesis sites. Do not modify this.
- Members are those who may edit, upload, delete, check in, and check out documents.
- Owners (you) have complete edit access to the documents and the site.
- Visitors are those who may only view documents.