- Your Wireless access card or internal Wireless controller must be capable of 802.11G operation. We will not support 802.11B on the new network.
- You must have a WPA2 compliant Wireless Access card or internal wireless controller, with the latest software and firmware upgrades. If you are using Windows XP, you may be required to update the Windows XP KB893357 Patch. You may need to visit your wireless card manufacturer's website for updated drivers for your wireless device.
- You must have a valid NPS Domain account, or be issued an NPS guest account. You will no longer need to register before you can use the Wireless network.
- You may need to download and install the DoD CA 2 Root digital certificates into your trusted Root certificate store.
- You must ensure that the latest operating system patches and critical updates are installed.
- You must ensure that you have anti-virus software installed along with the latest virus definitions.
How to Register for Wireless Network Access
The Technology Assistance Center (TAC) will assist you in the configuration of accessing the wireless network. Please ensure that you have met the requirements above, this will allow for expedited service.