Military housing is available for Service Members with families, single Service Members, at La Mesa and Ord Military Community (OMC); the properties are managed by the Parks at Monterey Bay - Pinnacle Housing, more information is available by contacting the housing office below.
Family & Community Housing
Monterey Bay Housing Services Office
General Jim Moore Blvd
Seaside, CA 93955
Hours: Mon-Fri 0745-1645
Commercial: (831) 242-7979
Monterey Bay Military Housing Email
Monterey Bay Military Housing Website
All Military personnel reporting to the Presidio of Monterey / Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center, or Naval Postgraduate School, are required to contact and in-process with the Housing Services Office (HSO) prior to renting, leasing or buying a home.
HSO function is to provide unbiased information to Service Members and their families, DoD Civilians, and Military retires, on housing relocation. If you are incoming to the Monterey area, your first point of contact for any questions concerning housing in the local area is the HSO.
Services provided by HSO include:
- Referral assistance and listings on suitable, adequate, and affordable housing for lease.
- Landlord Tenant Disputes; Service Members experiencing problems with their property managers can request the HSO assistance in the mediations of the dispute.
- Assistance with housing discrimination complaint management.
- Community rental search information such as the automated housing referral network. https://www.homes.mil.
- Counseling on locations for better choices.
- Family Decision making support.
Information on local support agencies, school liaison, transportation offices, finance offices, local government statistics, drive time and distance to Military installations
- Contact information for your next duty station.
Residential Community Initiative (RCI) is the Government office in place to be the liaison between Service Members and the Monterey area military housing communities’ property management team.
The RCI office service includes:
- Dispute Resolution - For resident of The Parks at Monterey Bay; the dispute resolution process offers the ability to address issues that can be resolved between residents and the Parks at Monterey Bay. Residents are encouraged to first utilize The Parks of Monterey Bay's chain of command to find resolution to any issues. If that effort is unsuccessful, please contact the RCI office for assistance.
- Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) Coordination - Service Members currently enrolled in EFMP, and whose plans are to lease military housing, must contact the RCI office to have housing requirement verify by the local area EFMP coordinator. Service Members should contact RCI when orders are received, to beginning the verification process.
- Key & Essential Personnel Housing - All military personnel with orders to the Presidio of Monterey or the Naval Postgraduate School and designate in a Key & Essential position; must contact the RCI office to verify K&E designation; and to begin coordination for housing.