Home Page
Civilian Institutions Home
Student Information
Curricula/Approved Schools/ESRs
Online Resources
Forms Library
NPS Students
NPS Student
Home >>  Claims for Reimbursement

Claims for Reimbursement


You may submit your Claims for Reimbursement (SF1164) once you make contact and begin working with your respective CIVINS Ed Tech. However, please note that claims will not be processed until after you begin instruction.

Thesis Costs. Naval Postgraduate School, (Code 031A), requires that officer students submit one electronic copy of final thesis to the Civilian Institutions Programs Office, either by electronic email or by sending a Compact Disc to the office. Formerly reimbursements were limited to the cost of final thesis preparation and reproduction; however, because an electronic copy is required no thesis preparation fees are reimbursable.

Reimbursable Expenses

  • Up to three (3) university application fees
  • Up to three (3) transcript requests for application to universities
  • GRE/GMAT score report
  • Thesis/graduation fees charged by the university (if unable to be included in tuition invoice)
  • Final transcript for NPS.
  • If your university requires a tuition seat deposit you may be reimbursed if the university applies the funds to your tuition.
  • Law Education Program Students (LEP) are authorized reimbursement for one BAR Review course.
  • CEC students are authorized reimbursement for the PE Review Course through their CEC Program Managers and Naval Facilities Headquarters
  • Graduation/Thesis fees (if mandatory)

NOTE: The CIVINS office does not reimburse for GRE or GMAT. However. the procedure to get these exams paid for can be found through your Navy College Office (DANTES Voucher) or on the DANTES website: GRE or GMAT Test Reimbursement Request Form: http://www.dantes.doded.mil/_content/exams_reimbursement_form.pdf#zoom=100.

To find the nearest college office for signature on your GRE or GMAT Test Reimbursement Form go to: https://www.navycollege.navy.mil/ncp/findnco.aspx.

Note from PSD Monterey: Keep ALL ORIGINAL receipts for which you expect to submit a claim as you will be required to submit these same originals for reimbursement. If you have lost your original receipt please include the Memorandum of Lost Receipt.

Fillable SF1164 (pdf) Sample SF1164 (pdf) Fillable Memorandum of Receipt (pdf)