Collaborate™ - Technology
What is Collaborate?
Blackboard Collaborate is a tool to conduct web-conferencing as well as comprehensive online learning.
Once sessions are created, participants do not need to be enrolled in the course site to join. Session creators will get a Guest Link which they can email to desired participants.
Connecting to a Session
Use the NPS Collaborate Test Session at any time to test your connection to a Collaborate Session. Instructions and troubleshooting for various operating systems are below.
- Using Windows - Instructions to download the Collaborate Launcher
- Using Mac
- Using IOS: for participants only and does not work for viewing recordings
- Using Android: for participants only and does not work for viewing recordings
The Sakai Collaborate Interface detects your location so any dates/times specified will be in your timezone. Dates/Times will be adjusted for others in their own time zones.
Orientations (created by vendor)
- for Students/Participants (Online Video) and Guide (pdf)
- for Instructors/Moderators (Collaborate Recording)
- More information about Collaborate is available on our Wiki site
Collaborate User Interface