Student Research - Systems Engineering Department
SE Student's Thesis and Capstone Projects
Students are required to write a thesis or capstone project. This page has guidance on the Systems Engineering Department’s policies for theses and capstone projects.
Systems Engineering Student's Thesis are available at the Dudley Knox Library.
Thesis Research Resources:
- SE Thesis Research Methods - Describes four relevant research methods for systems engineering and comments on thesis research characteristics leading to a good thesis.
- Thesis Proposal Form - The proposal form for approval and submission to begin a thesis.
- System Engineering Theses: A Manuscript Option - This document describes an approved method for using one’s own publications as the core content of a thesis.
Capstone Project Resources:
- SE Capstone Guide - Describes department expectations for the capstone project.
- Capstone Proposal Form - The proposal form for approval and submission to begin a capstone project.
Dissertation Research Resources:
- All thesis research resources above
- Papers from Systems Engineering Journal on Research Methods: (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/sys.v20.6/issuetoc)
- Guide for Systems Engineering Graduate Work: Make Your Thinking Visible - Provides advice on writing well and effectively to communicate technical content.
- Library Research Guide for Systems Engineering
- Graduate Writing Center
- Thesis Processing Office
For additional questions, please contact Ms. Barbara Berlitz.