Summaries - Research
Back CEE Navy Senior Leader Seminar for US Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) 2018
|Department||Center for Executive Education|
|Sponsor||Naval Facilities Engineering Command (Navy)|
This proposal is for CEE's Navy Senior Leader Seminar for NAVFAC O6/GS15s only.
The Navy Senior Leader Seminar (NSLS) provides senior officers (CAPT/O6), and senior civilians (GS-15 and equivalent only) with an intensive eight and a half day executive education program that introduces the latest "best practices" in strategic planning, goal setting, strategic communication, effects-based thinking, risk management, financial management, innovation and leadership practices. The program is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and abilities to more effectively manage and lead in complex organizations. Learning is enhanced by the use of case studies, small-team exercises, practical applications, seminar-style discussions, and peer-learning among participants. The NSLS empowers senior leadership to become more effective change agents and resource managers. Participants will become aware of current Navy resource issues and business processes, academic research, best practices known in DoD and industry. Participants will leave the course better prepared to meet organizational challenges in current and future assignments.
Objective/Desired End State
- To learn directly from senior Navy leaders the strategies, policies, and resource issues shaping the Navy’s strategy today and the business processes to achieve that strategy.
- To acquire knowledge that stimulates innovative thinking and provides leadership tools required to meet the challenges confronting the U. S. Navy in the 21st Century.
- To share expertise with and learn from peers in the course.
- To enhance participants’ individual strengths to support changes set by senior Navy leadership.
- Foster a NAVFAC/CEC community synergy.
|Publications||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|
|Data||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|