Summaries - Research
Back An End-to-End Big Data Application Architecture for the Common Tactical Picture
|Division||Research & Sponsored Programs|
|Department||Naval Research Program|
|Investigator(s)||Kamel, Magdi N.|
|Sponsor||NPS Naval Research Program (Navy)|
The goal of this research is to propose an end-to-end application architecture to support the analysis of Big Data for the Common Tactical Picture. Specifically the proposed research will seek answers to the following questions:
1. What are the various types of data sources that need to be included and analyzed in a Big Data solution in support of the Common Tactical Picture (CTP)?
2. What are the essential components of the ingestion layer (cleansing, transforming, reducing, integrating, fusing, etc.) needed to move the data from data sources to the Big Data platform?
3. What are the most suitable types of NoSQL databases to store CTP data?
4. What are the main components of a Big Data physical infrastructure that best suit CTP?
5. What are the recommended technologies 1tools for the Big Data platform components to access the data in the big data physical infrastructure layer?
6. What are the analytics requirements for agile mission intelligence capabilities of the CTP data in the Big Data environment?
7. What are the visualization requirements for CTP data to enable faster insights and increase the ability to look at different aspects of the data in various visual modes?
8. What is the minimum set technologies 1tools needed to implement the proposed Big Data architecture from end to end?
9. What are the security requirements that need to be included in the proposed Big Data architecture
|Publications||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|
|Data||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|