Summaries - Office of Research & Innovation
Back Cold Spray of Thermoelectric Materials
|Division||Graduate School of Engineering & Applied Science|
|Sponsor||Marine Corps Systems Command (Marine Corps)|
The primary objective of this study is to explore the suitability of me cold spray process for a direct deposition of thermoelectric material onto the outer parts of various heat sources for waste recovery. Specifically, this study aims to:
- Evaluate whether cold spray is a feasible means of fabricating thermoelectric films for thermoelectric generator application such as waste heat recovery.
- Determine appropriate selection criteria for thermoelectric materials to be used for a) cold spray synthesis and b)waste heat applications.
- Establish methods for the size control and doping level of precursor powders
- Cold spray the most promising candidate material and determine the optimum spray conditions
- Study the effects of the cold spray process on the structure and thermoelectric properties of the candidate material
|Publications||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|
|Data||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|