Summaries - Office of Research & Innovation
Back Evaluating the Financial Effectiveness of Marketing and Advertising on Recruiting Outcomes
|Division||Research & Sponsored Programs|
|Department||Naval Research Program|
|Investigator(s)||Eger, Robert J.|
|Sponsor||NPS Naval Research Program (Navy)|
The goal of this research is to provide a methodology and model in measuring effectiveness of M&A investments. To achieve this goal, we begin by exploring the current context addressing two research questions:
- How does Navy Recruiting Command (NRC) quantify the effectiveness of its M&A investments on enlistment contracts, officer applications submitted, and additional outcomes such as enlistment leads, officer program leads, awareness, and tracking?
- Which data/metrics could NRC used to determine the effectiveness of M&A?
After exploring current approaches and measurement availability, we seek to understand metrics external of NRC by addressing the following research question:
- What tools/metrics does private industry employ to quantify their investment in M&A? Could any of those metrics be adapted to Navy Recruiting?
Upon completion of both the internal and external metrics associated with M&A, we derive a cost effectiveness model for NRC's M&A investments. Our goal is to use a weighting methodology to allow for environmental uncertainty associated with each identified outcome. In developing the model, we can address the following research questions:
- How can NRC increase or decrease its M&A investments as environmental conditions change?
- How much lead time is required for marketing investments to result in a lead? In a qualified application? In a contract? In an officer selection?
The potential utility of our research and financial model is to begin to assess the effectiveness of M&A spending on recruiting outcomes.
|Publications||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|
|Data||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|