Summaries - Office of Research & Innovation
Back Systems Engineering (SE) Department DIB engagements (FY15)
|Division||Graduate School of Engineering & Applied Science|
|Investigator(s)||Karimova, Tahmina T.|
|Sponsor||Center for Civil-Military Relations (DoD)|
The Naval Postgraduate School’s Systems Engineering Department has proposed to develop and deliver workshops overseas in 16 developing countries (former USSR) to support the DoD/CENTCOM security cooperation activities. The SE Department will deliver these engagements through inter-disciplinary collaboration with other faculty across the NPS campus, interested in engaging in such DoD reimbursable activities, while promoting the value of developing “new intellectual” capital for NPS. The target audience for each engagement consists of 15-20 Minister of Defense representatives and other government entities as appropriate.
The 4 workshops include:
- Military Decision Making Process
- Information Operations
- Information Assurance
- Counterterrorism through Innovative Techniques
The workshops will be executed in a 4-5-day timeframe and aim to assist participants in becoming more knowledgeable about:
- military decision making process to prepare potential commanders and staff for unique challenges of military service.
- application, strategies, and best practices of information operations to effectively counter emerging security challenges and promote increased national and regional security and stability.
- information assurance tools and techniques to mitigate the effects of potential cyber-attacks and threats.
|Publications||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|
|Data||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|