Summaries - Office of Research & Innovation
Back Maintenance Support for NAVSUP Enterprise Resource Planning
|Division||Graduate School of Operational & Information Sciences|
Craparo, Emily M.
|Sponsor||Naval Supply Systems Command (Navy)|
The Principal Investigators (PIs) and other Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) personnel will provide maintenance support for three mathematical optimization models and associated computational tools. Specifically, the models which are the object of this proposal are:
- Wholesale Inventory Optimization Model (WIOM),
- Site Demand-based Inventory Optimization Model (SIOM), and
- Navy Aviation Readiness Based Sparing Model (NAVARM)
Each model has evolved into a planning tool that, for brevity, is still referred to with the same name as its originating model. Each tool encompasses the kernel models and algorithms (M&A) required to numerically solve a specific type of allowancing problem, and a graphical user interface (GUI). These models and tools, which have been developed by the same PIs and personnel over the last three years, are intended to inform Naval Supply Systems Command, Weapons Systems Support (NAVSUP WSS) inventory level-setting and allowancing decisions.
The computational implementation of the above tools uses several commercial software applications to include:
- GAMS (General Algebraic Modeling Language, developed by GAMS Corporation),
- Excel (a spreadsheet application developed by Microsoft),
- VBA (Visual Basic for Applications, developed by Microsoft), and
- Java (a general purpose, high-level, object-oriented, cross-platform programming language developed by Sun Microsystems).
The project covers maintenance of the tools from their current (still prototypic) versions. WIOM (3.5.0) is, in principle, the most consolidated of the three prototypes; SIOM (2.1.0) and the recently developed NAVARM (1.3.0) have only undergone preliminary testing at NAVSUP WSS.
|Keywords||Inventory Optimization Simulation Weapon Systems|
|Publications||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|
|Data||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|