Summaries - Office of Research & Innovation
Back FBI Chicago Division SNA & Social Media Fusion Curriculum
|Division||Graduate School of Operational & Information Sciences|
|Investigator(s)||Everton, Sean F.|
|Sponsor||Federal Bureau of Investigation (Other-Fed)|
The Federal Bureau of Investigation identified a significant gap in their ability to analyze network data. Consequently, the FBI asked the CORE Lab to provide education to its team in Chicago. Estimated date for training is November 6-9, 2017.
By the end of this short course, participants will have obtained a functional understanding of social network analysis. Students who successfully complete this course will attain the following by the end of the course:
1. The ability to structure network data sets.
2. Critical thinking skills about network data.
3. An understanding of appropriate uses of network data visualization techniques for analytic, presentation, and dissemination purposes.
4. The ability to identify new tools and technologies that will facilitate network, data-driven analysis to inform decision-making.
5. A better consumer and producer of network, data-driven products.
|Publications||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|