Summaries - Office of Research & Innovation
Back Navy Strategic Development Cycle
|Division||Research & Sponsored Programs|
|Department||Naval Research Program|
|Investigator(s)||Russell, James A.|
|Sponsor||NPS Naval Research Program (Navy)|
- Examine, describe, and analyze the process currently used by the Navy to develop and execute strategy and the role played by the N3/N5 in that process.
- Examine, describe and analyze how the Navy currently operationalizes the prospect of future economic, political, and military uncertainty as an input in the strategy development process.
- Examine the organizational relationship between various Navy stakeholders in the strategy development process, including the OPNAV staff, Naval Warfare Development Command, Naval Postgraduate School, Naval War College, CNO's Strategic Studies Group, Naval Studies Board, and naval components of the combatant commands.
- Propose ways that relationships between these stakeholders can be improved to support the N3/N5 role in developing strategy.
- Review, describe, and analyze the Army and Air Force's strategy development process and what insights the practices of these sister services might offer to the Navy.
- Use the study findings to work with the N3/5 in building and developing a methodology that the senior Navy leadership can use to ensure that long-range projections of the global security environment play a central role in the process of strategy development and budgetary execution.
|Publications||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|
|Data||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|