Summaries - Office of Research & Innovation
Back Surface Current Mapping Network Based on High Frequency Radar for the Integrated Ocean Observing System Central and Northern California Ocean Observing System
|Division||Research & Sponsored Programs|
|Department||Research & Sponsored Programs Office|
|Investigator(s)||Paduan, Jeffrey D.|
|Sponsor||National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (Other-Fed)|
1. Deliver data hourly from two HFR antennae to the Coastal Observing Research & Development Center (CORDC) and CeNCOOS data servers.
2. Maintain antenna, computers, and communications equipment at these two sites in operational condition and recover raw data as necessary.
3. Work with other CeNCOOS HFR operators to measure antenna patterns.
4. Work with other CeNCOOS HFR operators to provide system status on a continuous basis.
5. NPS will take responsibility for operating two of the national priority HFR sites - the one at Granite Canyon and the long-range one at Pt. Sur - and delivering those data to CORDC for integration into the national data products. NPS will participate in the national HFR Steering Committee, will work with the CeNCOOS Program Office to maintain the MBARI HFR node, and will work with the other CeNCOOS HFR data providers (San Francisco State University and University o f California Davis Bodega Marine Laboratory) to prepare best radial data sets for archiving.
|Publications||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|
|Data||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|