Summaries - Office of Research & Innovation
Back Softphone: Open Source Software VOIP Solution Over EPLRS
|Division||Graduate School of Operational & Information Sciences|
|Investigator(s)||Xie, Geoffrey G.|
|Sponsor||Marine Corps Systems Command (Marine Corps)|
1. What characteristics of the EPLRS make it difficult to implement VoIP? (Bandwidth, Waveform, etc.)
2. What is the preferred architecture (peer-to-peer or client-server)?
3. Can the Soft-switch interface with the SB-3865, TTC-42 and Switch Multiplexer Unit (SMU) digital telephone switching systems
4. Can the client implementation of Tactical VoIP integrate with a server based Software telephone switch for POTS connection?
5. What degree of interconnection will be required with other units?
6. Can the system software be designed as a client access and server hosted "Chat" platform?
7. Will existing protocols be "lean" enough to avoid excessive consumption of limited bandwidth?
8. Can an open source Softphone be modified to interface with the transport MAC protocol?
9. Will CONDOR provide sufficient bandwidth for data and telephone networks?
10. How can we integrate voice recognition software into the system?
|Publications||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|
|Data||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|