Summaries - Office of Research & Innovation
Back M&S R&D of Education and Training Technologies for Healthcare Professionals
|Division||Research & Sponsored Programs|
|Department||Modeling, Virtual Environments & Simulation Institute|
|Investigator(s)||Chatelier, Paul R.|
|Sponsor||Defense Health Agency (DoD)|
The Naval Postgraduate School's (NPS) overall goal of this Research and Development (R&D) is to work in collaboration with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Health Affairs to identify and investigate those critical Science and Technology areas required for a balanced and coordinated research portfolio for the healthcare professionals. This R&D will help specify for NPS Modeling, Virtual Environments, and Simulation Institute (MOVES) those medical M&S technology gaps and related metrics that directly impact the on-line curriculum used for the USUHS certificate program at NPS-MOVES.
This project will develop a near term (17-19) & POM (18-22) RDT&E Roadmap for the Joint Program Committee 1 - medical simulation and training. The tasks below will be executed in close collaboration with the Director of the Defense Health Agency (DHA). The general focus of the proposed research will be investigating and developing plans and strategies that mutually enrich both the NPS DHA education and training curriculum and the continued growth of medical modeling and simulation for education and training within the broader DoD health-care enterprise.
- Analyze and develop relevant projects to ensure that DHA and JPC-1 remain abreast of OSD medical simulation and training policy, standards and interoperability, and technology investment strategy.
- Investigate the S&T gaps in medical M&S and develop projects to overcome some of these deficiencies. This will be done in conjunction through collaboration with USSOCOM's Prioritized-Integrated Gap List as validated by DHA.
- Develop coordinated R&D programs with USUHS to ensure the curriculum for medical M&S reflects the current operational needs of the NAVY and OSD HA.
- Investigate the M&S needs of DHA's major medical thrust; Combat Casualty Training, focusing on developing tools for Medical Education.
- Work with the Joint Program Committee for medical education and training; investigate current gaps in the analysis and development of medical simulation standards and related policy activities.
- Investigate how these issues might impact the NPS medical Distance Learning (DL) certificate program. Participate in program reviews to develop strategy and identify goals.
This project will report results (either written, or oral as directed) of research efforts to guide healthcare simulation to Director of MOVES to facilitate prioritization of healthcare research thesis topics and educational content.
|Publications||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|
|Data||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|