Summaries - Office of Research & Innovation
Back Transformation Accelerated Through Redesign, Guidance, and Enhanced Training (TARGET)
|Division||Research & Sponsored Programs|
|Department||Modeling, Virtual Environments & Simulation Institute|
|Investigator(s)||McDowell, Perry L.|
|Sponsor||TiER1 Performance Solutions (Other)|
The Collaborators agree to perform the following tasks:
Phase I (Base Period):
NPS will be responsible for the following tasks (list as applicable):
1. Provide analysis of key tasks of ASW personnel comprising ASW domain. Determine essential knowledge and skills needed to perform tasks expected of an ASW trainee.
2. Evaluate the current ASW training approach and curriculum design used to train the knowledge and skills determined in Task 1.
3. Analyze capabilities and requirements of existing Navy training systems to support task-centered learning.
TIER1 will be responsible for the following tasks (list as applicable):
1. Survey innovative and accelerative teaching methods and identify strategies most suitable for use in ASW training to accelerate student learning and increase mastery of complex ASW skills.
2. Survey innovative training technologies for high velocity learning and investigate opportunities for applying accelerative teaching methods that leverage the existing Xcelerated Learning Dynamics (XLD) system created by TiER1.
NPS and TIER1 will be responsible for the following joint tasks (if applicable):
1. Collaboratively construct a conceptual framework for comparative analysis of teaching methods for task-centered learning.
2. Collaboratively analyze the feasibility of applying task-centered instructional design to the ASW curriculum.
3. Collaborate on reports to include:
a. Monthly reports;
b. Draft technical report; and
c. Final technical report.
4. Participate in research planning meetings in support of CRADA tasks.
5. Prepare documentation for Phase I Option.
Phase I (Base Period) Period of Performance: Date of Execution of CRADA through 28 January 2018