Summaries - Office of Research & Innovation
Back Innovation, Intrapreneurship, and Risk-Taking
|Division||Graduate School of Operational & Information Sciences|
|Sponsor||Naval Research Laboratory (Navy)|
Secretary of the Navy Spencer, in his address to NPS on Feb 1st, 2019, reflected his direction with regards to risk taking and intrapreneurship for Navy education and research:
- "This institution is a primary incubator for the capabilities that we need now."
- "I want this institution to be the primary education and research enterprise for a partnership with the private sector,
government sector and academia coming together at the research level."
- "It’s all about time and urgency."
- "We must enhance the culture here at NPS to promote entrepreneurial and risk taking spirit. Major advancements in
technology and policies are never the result of conservative intellectual spirit, we must expand our view and our reach."
- "Ladies and gentlemen, I need your help in identifying and removing obstacles that undermine the academic agility and
innovation we need at NPS. And when you go back to the fleet, I need your help in removing the barriers blocking your way to implanting these ideas."
Reflecting on SECNAV’s goals, how might NRL MRY best:
- Incubate capabilities and partner with and/or bring together private sector, government, and academia?
- Minimize time and maximize urgency?
- Enhance our corporate culture to promote an entrepreneurial and risk-taking spirit?
- Liberalize intellectual spirit and expand our view and reach?
- Identify and remove obstacles that undermine agility and innovation?
- Remove barriers to implementing ideas, including lessons learned from Amazon Web Services @ NPS (AWS @ NPS)?
|Keywords||AWS CIE Cloud Continuous Integration Environment Cyber DevOps Development Operations IT Innovation|
|Publications||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|
|Data||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|