Summaries - Office of Research & Innovation
Back Fleet Experimentation Research Program
|Division||Research & Sponsored Programs|
|Department||Naval Research Program|
|Investigator(s)||Gallup, Shelley P.|
|Sponsor||NPS Naval Research Program (Navy)|
1. Provide data collection, analysis and reporting of results from testable objectives refined from FLEX objectives included in FIMS.
2. The Fleet Experimentation Research Program will provide opportunities for NPS faculty and students to research and assess future Navy systems and operations with live Fleet assets in real-world scenarios. OISE research faculty will continue to work with OPNAV, USFFC, NWDC Experimentation, operational commands, and initiative sponsors to build experiment research frameworks to test emerging technologies that potentially fill identified war-fighting capability gaps.
3. OPNAV will leverage NPS analysis expertise within Fleet initiatives and experimentation venues. OPNAV may add initiatives of interest as appropriate and OISE will provide research and analysis support for those initiatives. The project budget includes instrument costs, and information assurance accreditation costs for the instruments.
4. In the 2014 fiscal year (FY), NPS will support OPNAV, NWDC Experimentation, PACOM, and C3F through the development of:
- Research methodologies and analysis frameworks for selected initiatives in targeted test venues across experiment planning, design, and execution phases
- Test results in DOTMLPF format with updates from experimentation findings
- Student research in identified topics of interest to include literature reviews from current DOTMLPF
- Test methodology with experiment objectives, hypothesis, questions and measurements
- Accredited and deployed data collection equipment and survey systems
- Empirical data collection and analysis for system, network, and human findings
- Research analysis results and reports from experiment data.
|Publications||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|
|Data||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|