Summaries - Office of Research & Innovation
Back Leading Innovation
|Department||Center for Executive Education|
|Investigator(s)||Franklin, Ronald E.|
|Sponsor||Various - DOD (DoD)|
The objective of the 'Leading Innovation (LI)' course, held at the Naval Postgraduate School's Center for Executive Education, is to develop Navy flag officers with both a skill set and mindset to understand the critical nature of innovation and entrepreneurial thinking as it relates to organizational success. Graduates will:
1. Understand their role as "Leaders of Innovation" in the Navy.
2. Understand the central role risk management plays in organizational success, and how to assess and manage risk.
3. Possess the necessary tools and techniques to aggressively accelerate the identification, development and implementation of innovative behavior, both at the individual and organizational level.
4. Examine, through an entrepreneurial perspective, their own operations and value chain for purposes of identifying new opportunities.
5. Recognize organizational and personal impediments to innovative and creative thinking, and to employ techniques for overcoming these obstacles.
6. Exhibit an enterprise perspective with collaborative skills
7. Align NEDP-LI course content with other NEDP courses, specifically NEDP - ST (Strategic Thinking) and NEDP - TS (Transition Support).
|Publications||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|
|Data||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|