Summaries - Research
Back Expeditionary Mine Countermeasures (ExMCM) C4I Requirements (Continuation)
|Division||Research & Sponsored Programs|
|Department||NPS Naval Research Program|
|Sponsor||NPS Naval Research Program (Navy)|
The ExMCM is a broad program providing an innovative approach to the Mine Warfare mission area, required to operate with both U.S Navy and U.S. Marine Corps forces. The large number of sonar imagery files (from the MK18 family of UUV systems) will be processed using Java libraries (for analyzing binary data), followed by extract of metadata, which will then be organized and stored in a database schema (running on a network server). The database will be searchable by the end user using a GUI (Graphical User Interface) screen. The ExMCM community will serve as SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) and also will test the technology demonstrator. Target (mine) recognition involves a very manual process and is thus very time consuming. A basic algorithm will be explored using Java graphics processing. A divide and conquer version will be modeled for HDFS (Hadoop Distributed File System) for bench-marking purposes.
1) Use Java technology to speed up the file cataloging process.
2) Store sonar files in a database schema with search capability.
3) Develop a GUI for end user interface.
4) Research basic image processing using Java technology.
5) Research HDFS for faster PMA.
1) Can sonar files be read using Java libraries to extract metadata ?
2) Can the Java programs faster using an HDFS platform ?
3) Can a database schema be designed for cataloging sonar files ?
4) Can a GUI be developed for end users to search the database ?
3) How can sonar imagery be analyzed on HDFS ?
Deliverables include java program for extracting sonar metadata; database schema for sonar files; end user GUI with search features and a final technical report.
|Publications||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|
|Data||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|