Summaries - Office of Research & Innovation
Back Weapon Accuracy Studies
|Division||Graduate School of Engineering & Applied Science|
|Department||Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering|
|Investigator(s)||Driels, Morris R.|
|Sponsor||Joint Technical Coordinating Group (Joint)|
The task will be divided into the following major sections:
1. To Chair the Delivery Accuracy Working Group (DAWG) with responsibilities to review and obtain tri-service approval for weapon system accuracies as directed by the JTCG/ME Program Office, and provide approved data to the JMEM Production Contractor (JPC) for inclusion into the JMEM Weaponeering System (JWS).
2. Arrange and manage 2 meetings/year of the DAWG to discuss progress on the FY15 set of tasks and to ensure timely completion thereof and collection of agreed deliverables.
3. As chairman of the DAWG assist other working groups with delivery accuracy (DA) issues as related to the groups' function.
4. Serve as the JTCG/ME representative to the Guided Weapon Trajectory System (GWTS) CCB and attend technical progress meetings for all weapon systems covered by that tool.
5. Execute technical tasks as directed by the sponsor, which will include, but not limited to:
a. Develop a target acquisition module.
b. Continue work on optimization of weapon aim points.
c. Convert data currently in JWS to a double distribution format.
|Publications||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|
|Data||Publications, theses (not shown) and data repositories will be added to the portal record when information is available in FAIRS and brought back to the portal|