Meyer News - Meyer Institute
A member of the research team at Naval Postgraduate School recently published an article in JOM, the journal of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS). Fernand D.S. Marquis, research professor, is the author of “The Role of Nanomaterials Systems in Energy and Environment: Renewable Energy,” "Carbon Nanotube Nanostructure Hybrid Materials Systems for Renewable Energy Applications," and “Predictions on Emerging Materials Technologies”, which were published in the January 2011 edition of JOM. JOM is pleased to provide a PDF file (below) of the news item for your use.
Download the articles on Dr. Fernand Marquis' Research.
Undersea Warfare Program Shines
The Undersea Warfare program at NPS recently received recognition from the school's Research Department May 2010 newsletter. Beginning on page 4, the article highlights various program areas, covering academic sponsors to student research and theses. Faculty research has been central to new developments in naval intelligence and establishing a curriculum that is both practical, as well as cutting edge for USW graduates.
More Articles of Interest
- Rapid Response Harbour Defense '08 (PDF)
- Digitizing High-rate Signals with Affordable Hardware (PDF)
- Wayne E. Meyer Institutes for Systems Engineering Addressed the Growing Challenge of Maritime Regional Threats to Blue-Water Forces (PDF)
- Integrated Campus Projects and the Meyer Institute (PDF)
- Project Brief Summary - MSSE Port Hueneme (PDF)
- Meyer Institute Research Project Aids Joint Intelligence Systems Interoperability (PDF)
- Certificates in Systems Analysis and Systems Engineering (PDF)
- Diesel Submarines Still a Threat (PDF)
- Expeditionary Warfare (PDF)
- Congratulations to the First TDSO Graduates! The Temasek Defense Systems Institute (PDF)
- SEA Based Force Protection (PDF)
- "Opportunistic Arrays" Antennas Designed to Fit the Available Space (PDF)
- NPS Poised to Render UV Tactical Planning Assistance (PDF)
- Spotlight on Cold War Research and Development (PDF)