Distance Learning - Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
MAE Distance Learning Programs
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) offers a wide range of distance learning (DL) opportunities, including Master’s degrees, certificates and individual courses. This page will describe the three (3) special programs we have created to leverage the U.S. Navy’s three most advanced technical education and training schools,
- Bettis Engineering Reactor School (BRES)
- Navy Nuclear Power School (NNPS)
- Navy Test Pilot School (N-TPS)
If you are a graduate of one of these schools then MAE has a custom tailored master’s degree program that maximally utilizes your experience in the school you attended, and creates a program for completing an advanced degree in a minimum time.
MAE also offers degree programs, certificates, and individual courses to students who are not graduates of one of these schools. If you are in any branch of uniformed service (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, NOAA, etc.), are a DoD Civilian, or are an employee of a DoD Contractor (Lockheed-Martin, Boeing, General Dynamics, Raytheon, etc.) you are eligible to attend NPS or to enroll in one of our DL Programs.
For more information, please select from the following programs below.
- Master of Science and/or Certificates for BRES Graduates (571 Curriculum)
- Master of Science for NNPS Graduates (572 Curriculum)
- Master of Science for TPS Graduates (613 Curriculum)
- Graduate Certificate in Robotics Engineering (223 (DL) and 224 (Res) Curriculum)
More Information and Apply Online
For more information on other NPS DL programs and to apply on-line for any one of these DL Programs, go to: