- Information for Employees Planning to Retire 31 DEC 16 - 3 JAN 17
- 2016 Life Insurance Open Season: 1 - 30 SEP 2016
- FEGLI Open Season - 1 through 30 September 2016
- Distribution of Retirement and Benefits Information
- Department of Defense (DoD) Program for Stability of Employment Statement of Support
- Annual Weingarten Notice
Annual Weingarten Notice
The Annual Weingarten Notice is posted in order to provide bargaining unit employees with information regarding their right to representation.
In accordance with 5 USC 7114(a)(2), the Weingarten Rule gives an exclusive bargaining unit the right to have a union representative present, at a bargaining unit employee's request, during investigative interviews that could lead to disciplinary action against the employee.
The term Weingarten is drawn from a private sector decision, NLRB v. J. Weingarten, Inc., 420 U.S. 252 (1975). This decision upheld a National Labor Relations Board determination that, under the National Labor Relations Act, an employee, upon request, had the right to union representation at an investigatory interview which the employee reasonably believed might result in disciplinary action. An employee may invoke the right to a union representative at any point during an investigative interview.
Should you have any questions on this provision of labor law, contact Ms. Elise Magsarili, HR Specialist, at x3308, firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your local Union representative.