Benefits & Retirement - Human Resources Office
Benefits & Retirement
Benefits processing for Navy Employees has been centralized with the Civilian Benefits Center (CBC), based out of the Office of Civilian Human Resources (OCHR) - Norfolk. NPS HRO is unable to accept paperwork or process any changes to your benefits.
Changes to benefits may be made ONLY through the new GRB Platform, formerly Employee Benefits Information System (EBIS) or by calling the Navy Benefits Line at 1-888-320-2917. (Press option 4 to speak with a Benefits Counselor.) The Navy Benefits Line is open Monday through Friday, 7:30am – 7:30pm (Eastern Time).
If you have questions, you may also email the Navy Benefits staff at email@example.com. When emailing, you must include your full name, pay plan, grade, contact telephone number and the best time to call you. Do not include Privacy Act Information such as date of birth or social security number. Please allow 2 business days for a response. Business days are Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
The following are some of the changes that can be made via the new GRB Platform, formerly EBIS or the Benefits Line:
- Health Insurance election (during Open Season or if there is a Qualifying Life Event)
- Life Insurance Election (Within 60 days of hire, during Life Insurance Open Season, or after a Qualifying Life Event)
- TSP changes to contributions or Catch Up Contributions
- DON OCHR Portal (CAC required for access)
- GRB Platform, formerly Employee Benefits Information System (EBIS) (CAC required for access)
- DON Civilian Employee Assistance Program
- Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) Information
- FEGLI (Life Insurance) Information
- Thrift Savings Plan
Retirement processing for Navy Employees has been centralized with the Civilian Benefits Center (CBC), based out of the Office of Civilian Human Resources (OCHR) - Norfolk. NPS HRO is unable to provide retirement estimates or process retirement applications.
For helpful retirement information, check out the resources below.
OCHR Portal, Retirement Programs (CAC required for access)