DAU Course Equivalency
DAU Equivalencies Instructions
Requesting DAU Course Equivalency for NPS Classes
- The first step is to request an official copy of your NPS Transcript. To request an electronic copy of your NPS transcript, click here.
- From the SECNAV RD&A website (http://www.secnav.navy.mil/rda/workforce/Lists/FAQs/eDACM.aspx)
- You just need to email a copy of your NPS transcript to the Navy’s eDACM Support team eDACM_Support@navy.mil
More Details on Requesting DAU Course Equivalency:
- DON DAWIA Operating Gide, Chapter 14.....9, DAU Eqivalent Courses
- Defense Acquisition University Equivalency Program: http//icatalog.dau.mil/appg.aspx
Step 1 - Locate DAU Course Equivalency Provider
In order to qualify as a DAU equivalent course, the course must be identified as such on the DAU website. To determine whether or not you have completed a DAU equivalent course, and when, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the above site.
- Click on the "DoD Schools" link.
- Locate Naval Postgraduate School and find the course number/title and note the equivalent DAU course and dates applicable.
- Ensure te course was completed on or within the approval period listed at the site.
Step 2 - Submit Request to the eDACM Support Team of Appropriate Service*
For naval personnel, email eDACM_Support@navy.mil and provide the following information:
Your official NPS transcript (normall available 8 weeks after graduation). To request additional copies of your
NPS transcript, click here.
- First and last name.
- Last 4 of your SSN.
- Equivalent NPS course and DAU course codes.
- Course start and completion dates.
* Each Service has their own DACM office
You will receive an email from the eDACM Support Team indicating that the request has been received/processed. Individuals can expect to see their equivalency displayed on their DAWIA transcript within 3 business days after it has been entered into ATRRS. However, individuals may have to be members of the Acquisition Professional Community to receive such official annotation.