MSCM - Graduate School of Defense Management
Master of Science in Contract Management (MSCM)
Providing advanced education in the concepts, methodologies and analytical techniques necessary for successful management of acquisition and contracting within complex organizations.
The MSCM curriculum provides valuable tools to students for immediate application in real-world defense acquisition scenarios. Additionally, the students' culminating projects focus on solving current DoD acquisition concerns. The MSCM is a 24-month, part-time, distance learning program open to all qualified active duty military officers, federal employees and a limited number of DoD contractors. No prior contract management experience required for admission. The MSCM degree also satisfies DAWIA Level I, Level II and III functional core CON contracting course requirements. DAU changes made after the establishment of the MSCM program for an academic cohort will be reviewed and accommodated if and where feasible.
MSCM program goals are to provide:
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to lead and manage more effectively
- A curriculum focused on problem-solving and decision-making within the acquisition and contracting environment using case studies, team exercises, hands-on applications, active participation and other similar activities
Open to all qualified active duty military officers, federal employees and a limited number of DoD contractors. No prior contract management experience required for admission.
Requirements for entry
Candidates for the program must have achieved the following: a baccalaureate degree with a minimum undergraduate quality point rating (QPR) of 2.20 and at least one college level mathematics course .
Eight quarters with two courses per quarter
Master of Science in Contract Management
Requirements for Degree
- Completion of a minimum of 48 credit hours of graduate-level courses, at least 12 that are at the 4000 level. (Credit hour requirement does not include 6 hours assigned for the Joint Applied Project.)
- Completion of an approved Joint Applied Project with at least one advisor from NPS
DON active duty students are mission funded. All other students must be funded by their commands at a cost of $2250 per course ($36,000 total for the program) MSCM Tuition Letter (PDF)
Each course meets once a week, approximately 3 hours per day, depending upon course units.
Director, Acquisition Career Management
(DACM) in the Office of the Assistant
Secretary of the Navy (Research, Development, and Acquisition)
Program Administrator: email@example.com, (831) 656-2091 (general program information)
Academic Associate: Dr. Rene Rendon, firstname.lastname@example.org (academics, curricula, validating courses, DAU equivalencies)
Program Manager: Christina Hart, Ph.D., email@example.com (finances, tuition, sponsors)
Master of Science in Contract Management commencing 06 July 2021
Call for Applications (PDF) Cohort 835-214
Tuition Letter (PDF)
Applications are now being accepted. If interested, please complete these two steps as soon as possible.
- Complete the NPS admission request via the online NPS Application Management System.
Select program 835, academic year 2021, quarter 4
- Request official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended to be sent to the following address:
Admissions Office (Official Transcripts)
Naval Postgraduate School
1 University Circle, He-061A
Monterey, CA 93943-5006