Request For Information (RFI) and Areas of Interest
If you are interested in submitting an experiment proposal for consideration please carefully review the NPS FX Request for Information (RFI) linked below. This document provides guidelines for submitting an experiment proposal as well as a bulleted list of areas of interest. For ease of use, you may also preview these areas of interest in the table below.
The overall focus of JIFX will be to explore technologies that have the potential of rapidly increasing military & first responder capability, reducing the cost of current capabilities, providing options for reducing force structure associated with a capability, or providing a means to work and share more with partner nations and other organizations.
Joint Interagency Field Experimentation (JIFX) Experiment Proposal Areas of Interest
PRIORITY #1: UNMANNED AND AUTONOMOUS SYSTEM RESEARCH
A. Unmanned Aerial Systems
1. Unmanned Tethered Aerial System (UTAS)
2. Group 1 Nano Vertical Takeoff and Land (VTOL)
3. Group 1 Micro VTOL
4. Group 1 Short Range / Short Endurance (SR/SE) VTOL
5. Group 1 SR/SE Fixed Wing
6. Group 1 Medium Range / Medium Endurance (MR/ME) Fixed Wing
7. Group 2 Long Range / Long Endurance (LR/LE) Fixed Wing
B. Unmanned Systems (UxS) Design, Deployment, Operation, Networking and Control.
1. UxS Sensors
2. Power and Communications sub-systems for (UxS)
3. Multi- and Cross-Domain UxS.
4. Technologies Supporting Swarming UxS.
5. Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking for UxS Control
6. Situational Awareness and Control systems for UxS
7. HADR applications of UxS
8. Logistics and Support applications of UxS
9. Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) applicatons of UxS
10. Autonomy and Semi-Autonomy in UxS
11. Human Factors in UxS
C. Countering Unmanned Systems
1. UxS Detection and Surveillance Systems.
2. UxS Defeat Systems.
3. Remote UxS Characterization.
D. Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR)
1. Remote Sensing
2. Integrated Undersea Surveillance System (IUSS).
3. Persistent ISR
4. Digital Characterization/Classification of Vessels.
5. Maritime C4ISR
E. Communication and Networking
1. Scalable and Mobile Communication Networks.
2. Location, Tracking and Communication Technologies.
3. Distributed Spectrum Management.
4. Air to Ground Communication Hardware.
5. Big Data Computing Architecture
6. Information Exchange and Communication
7. Untethered, Underwater Communication Systems
F. Situation Awareness
1. Social Media for Situational Awareness.
2. Maritime Domain Awareness
3. Command and Control Optimization, Modeling and Simulation.
4. Maritime Common Operating Picture
5. Maritime Risk, Threat, Analysis and Resilience
G. Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Response (HA/DR)
1. Non-combatant Evacuation Operations (NEO).
2. Data Collection during Disaster Response Operations.
3. Mapping in Disaster Environments.
4. Technologies Augmenting Current Distributed Health and Preparedness Training
5. Mass Communications Across a Wide Range of Outlets
H. Health and Safety
1. Improved Life-Support and Tracking during Patient Evacuation.
2. Rapid Body and Health Detection and Monitoring.
3. Personal Protective Equipment
4. Detection, Measurement, Sterilization, and Clean-Up of Explosive, Nuclear, Radiological, Chemical, and/or Biological Agents in all Environments.
5. Force Protection Equipment and Wearable Technologies
6. Warfighter Performance Enhancements
7. Reduced Stress of the Force
8. Water Generation and Purification Systems
I. Cyber, Cybersecurity, and Electronic Warfare (EW)
1. Signature Reductions and Electromagnetic Battle Management (EMBM)
2. Communication and Data Security
3. Network Security
4. Operations in GPS Denied Environments
5. Military Information Support Operations
J. Expeditionary Operations,
1. Canine Operations
2. Mine and IED Operations
K. Infrastructure and Power
1. Deployed Infrastructure Building and Maintenance.
2. Deployable Lighting Technologies.
3. Energy efficiencies and Improved Safety
L. Mobility and transportation
1. Cargo Screening
2. In-transit Visibility (ITV).
3. Mobility Management Solutions.
4. Next generation Combat Rubber Raiding Craft (CRRC).
M. Precision strike, non-lethal weapons, information operations
1. Targeting Technologies for Faster, More Precise Engagements.
2. Light Aerial Combat Vehicles.
3. Land domain Non-Lethal/Scalable Effects Engagement.
4. Non-Lethal/Scalable Effects Engagement.
5. Maritime domain Non-Lethal/Scalable Effects Engagement.
6. Air & Space domain Non-Lethal/Scalable Effects Engagement.