MSPM - Department of Defense Management
Master of Science in Program Management (MSPM)
Providing advanced education in the concepts, methodologies and analytical techniques necessary for successful management of programs/projects within complex organizations
The MSPM curriculum provides an advanced education focusing on critical thinking skills necessary for successfully developing warfighting capability within the complex DoD weapon system acquisition process. The MSPM is a 24-month, part-time, distance learning program open to qualified uniformed officers, DoD civilians, Government employees, and a limited number of DoD contractors. Note: The MSPM degree supports DAWIA certifications for acquisition workforce personnel.
MSPM program goals are to provide:
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to lead and manage more effectively
- A curriculum focused on problem-solving and decision-making within the program management environment using case studies, team exercises, hands-on applications, active participation and other similar activities
Open to all qualified active duty military officers, federal employees and a limited number of DoD contractors. No prior project management experience required for admission.
Requirements for Entry
Candidates for the program must have achieved the following: an accredited baccalaureate degree with a minimum undergraduate GPA/quality point rating (QPR) of 2.20 and at least one college level mathematics course.
Eight quarters with two courses per quarter
Master of Science in Program Management
Requirements for Degree
- Completion of a minimum of 48 credit hours of graduate-level courses, at least 12 which are at the 4000 level;
- Completion of an approved Capstone Applied Project with at least one advisor from NPS
Each course meets once a week, approximately 3 hours per day, depending upon course units.
Director, Acquisition Career Management (DACM) in the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics and Technology).
Program Administrator: email@example.com, (831) 656-2562 (general program information)
Academic Associate: Robert Mortlock, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org, (831) 656-2672 (academics, curricula, validating courses, DAU equivalencies)
Program Manager: Christina Hart, Ph.D., email@example.com, (831) 656-6269 (finances, tuition, sponsors)
Master of Science in Program Management commencing 06 July 2023
Call for Applications (PDF): Cohort 836-234
Application deadline for MSPM July 2023 program start is 27 MARCH 2023.
Applications are now being accepted. If interested, please complete these two steps as soon as possible.
- Complete the NPS admission request via the online NPS Application Management System.
Select program 836, academic year 2023, quarter 4
- Request official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended to be sent to the following address:
Admissions Office (Official Transcripts)
Naval Postgraduate School
1 University Circle, He-061A
Monterey, CA 93943-5006