Master's - Office of Admissions
Master's Degree Programs
- Master of Arts
- Master of Science
- Master of Business Administration
Master's Degree Program Admissions
NPS master’s degree programs are available to officers of all U.S. military services, civilian employees of the government, a limited number of DoD Contractors and selected international students from allied nations. A candidate entering any master's degree program must possess a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution—or in the case of foreign students, a recognized institution. The minimum grade point average is 2.2 on a 4.0 system, of which 75 semester hours/112 quarter hours must be letter-graded. A more detailed listing of the standards for admission can be found in the academic catalog (link). Applications for a master’s degree must include the following:
- A completed online application form.
- Official transcripts from all attended undergraduate and graduate institutions. (Transcripts from NPS are not necessary.)
- If you are an Air Force or Army officer or Federal Civilian applying to a National Security Affairs (NSA) program, GRE scores dating back to a max of 5 years are required.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and the Test of Written English for international applicants whose native language is not English or whose primary language of instruction was not English.
Please print the confirmation page displayed upon submission of the completed application. It contains further instructions regarding transcripts. Failure to comply with the instructions will delay the processing of the application.
Typically requires one year of study beyond the master's degree
* Apart from institutional accreditation, the Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Science’s Electrical, Mechanical and Astronautical Engineering degree programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Committee of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 – telephone: (410) 347-7700.