IRB Forms & Templates
IRB Student Research Checklist
Students complete this checklist when writing their dissertation proposal, thesis proposal, or project plan. If student research involves any of the activities listed in the checklist a Human Subject Determination Request or IRB Initial Review Package must be completed and submitted to the IRB for review.
Note: If you are having issues with any of the PDF documents below, please download the files and open with Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Pro.
Human Subject Research Determination Request
Not sure if you are conducting human subjects research? Request a determination!
- Determination Request Form New! (updated 28 Feb 2017)
Initial Review Package (new research)
- IRB Application New! (updated 24 Mar 2017)
- Scientific Review Form New! (updated 8 Mar 2017)
- Conflict of Interest Form
- Consent document(s). One or more of the following:
- CITI Ethics Training Completion Report
- Recruitment script (if appropriate, see Question 17 of IRB Application)
- All questionnaires, interview questions, or other materials to be used (if appropriate)
- Research proposal (student, SOW, funded)
- Organizational approval to conduct research from subjects command
Protocol Amendment Package (modify research)
- Amendment Form New! (updated 28 Feb 2017)
- Copy of any revised documents (consent form, data collection tools, recruitment script, etc.).
- CITI Ethics Training Include completion Report for any additional researchers
Continuing Review Package (extend approval period)
- Continuing Review Form New! (updated 28 Feb 2017)
Closing Research Protocol
- Final Report (previously known as End of Experiment Report) New! (updated 24 Mar 2017)
Submit complete packages to the Human Research Protection Program Office through email at IRB@nps.edu or in hard copy in Halligan Hall Room 206.