- Information for Employees Planning to Retire 31 DEC 16 - 3 JAN 17
- 2016 Life Insurance Open Season: 1 - 30 SEP 2016
- FEGLI Open Season - 1 through 30 September 2016
- Distribution of Retirement and Benefits Information
- Department of Defense (DoD) Program for Stability of Employment Statement of Support
- Annual Weingarten Notice
Information for Employees Planning to Retire 31 DEC 16 - 3 JAN 17
1. Many employees elect to retire at the end of the calendar year because the retirement annuity will begin the day after retirement and any lump sum payment for accrued annual leave will be paid in the next tax year.
Enclosure (1) provides information about the end of year retirement process for calendar year 2016.
2. If you plan to retire 31 December 2016 - 3 January 2017 you should submit your retirement application to the Civilian Benefits Center (CBC) by 15 October 2016. This allows the CBC adequate time to resolve any issues which may affect retirement eligibility or annuity and ensure timely processing of the retirement application
3. If you have any questions after reading the fact sheet and retirement checklist, you should discuss them with your CBC Retirement Specialist. If you want to talk to your retirement specialist, contact the Benefits Line at 888-320-2917 from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday - Friday, except on Federal holidays. The TTY number is 866-359-5277. You may also email your questions to email@example.com. Please include your full name, pay plan, grade, contact telephone number and the best time to call. Please DO NOT include Privacy Act or other Personally Identifiable Information such as date of birth or Social Security number in the email correspondence.