Human Resources Introductory Course (HRIC)
Human Resources (HR) Training for Our Newest HR Practitioners
This five-day short course provides an overview of the Navy’s Manpower, Personnel, Training and Education (MPT&E) domain and the HR core competencies of development, management, recruiting and requirements.
This course is a prerequisite for LCDR and/or CDR Command Qualification. Officers are expected to attend this course within three years of their approval for lateral transfer to/designation as an HR Officer (1200, 1207 and 1205 designators)—the sooner the better!
- Develop an understanding of the Navy’s Manpower, Personnel, Training, and Education (MPTE) domain.
- Develop a basic knowledge of the HR core competencies: development, management, recruiting, and requirements.
- Gain an understanding of HR community career management and professional development opportunities.
- Location: Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA
- Course Length: 5 days
- Offerings: 2 times/year (typically January and June/July)
- Service School Code: 882
- CIN: S-7C-1000
- CDP: 06K3
How to Apply / Funding
To request course applications, email email@example.com.
HRCOE funds the TAD costs for 1200 and 1207 officers and for 1205 officers who are on active duty through a fund cite process. SELRES not on active duty will need to request funding through their Chain of Command.
CAPT Theresa Lewis, (831) 656-3174
LCDR Doug Jones, (831) 656-2554