- The long-standing Curriculum Review process focuses on the individual curricular programs of study offered at the university.
- NPS has additionally established an Academic Program Review, which incorporates a self study and peer review process for academic departments within the university.
- More recently, NPS has implemented the New Program Review process to permit systematic review of new academic degree, curricular and certificate programs that may be proposed for adoption.
Each process reviews the quality, relevance and capacity of our academic programs and provides information to validate that:
- NPS curricula are of high academic quality and aligned with the mission of NPS and the needs of its sponsors (Curriculum Review).
- The academic programs (education and research) offered in NPS Schools and departments are current, relevant and of high quality as assessed by peers within the academic community (Academic Program Review).
- Proposed new programs meet NPS academic standards and that NPS academic support and resource infrastructure are aligned to ensure their quality and success (New Program Review).