We offer the workshops listed below to the Monterey area NPS community. Most workshops are held in Room 151 on the library's first floor.
Need help now? Workshops, guides and Flash tutorials are available here. We offer quarterly Library Tours, too.
If you are a faculty member and would like the Library to teach a Workshop to your resident or distance students, in your classroom, please contact the Research Assistance and Instruction Manager at x7732.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or (831) 656-2485
See the calendar of current library workshops
Use RefWorks to save and organize your citations, create bibliographies, and format your citations and references in your papers, thesis and other documents. This workshop provides all you need to get started.
Information is provided ahead of the workshop so please be sure to register prior to attending.
PRIOR REGISTRATION REQUIRED at least 24 hours before workshop
- Friday, October 24, 1000-1150 (Ann Jacobson & Glen Koué, Instructors) CLASS FULL
- Thursday, October 30, 1500-1650 (Ann Jacobson & Glen Koué, Instructors) CLASS FULL
Research Quickstart: An Introduction to Research at Dudley Knox Library
If you're new to NPS, or if you haven't explored the resources available through the Library, our Research Quickstart workshop is a great place to start! We'll introduce, our Library catalog, and visit library research databases such as ProQuest.
Register for this Workshop
- Wednesday, October 8, 1200-1250 (Glen Koué, Instructor)
- Tuesday, October 14, 1200-1250 (Ann Jacobson, Instructor)
Thesis QuickStart Register for this Workshop
Are you getting ready to start your thesis? This workshop will help you learn how to navigate the thesis process. We will cover resources on the specifics of the NPS thesis process as well as academic research and writing in general.
- Wednesday, October 15, 1200-1250 (Glen Koué, Instructor)
- Tuesday, October 21, 1200-1250 (George Goncalves, Instructor)