To be considered for the EMBA program, each applicant should meet the following criteria; exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis:
- Minimum grade level of GS-12 (or the full performance equivalent)
- First priority is the Financial Management community; generally employees in a 501, 505, 510, or 511 job series assigned to a comptroller or financial office, or those assigned to a business financial management position.
- Have a minimum of seven years of experience, preferably with at least three years in an FM position
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited four-year college
- Minimum Grade Point Average of 2.6 on a four-point scale
- Complete two pre-calculus classes, grade “B” or better
- Strong potential for promotion
- Commitment to complete the 24 month program
Next Cohort Details
Memorandum for Distribution - AY2015 (PDF)
Cohort Dates: 28 SEPT 2016 - 28 SEPT 2018
Class Days: East: Wednesday, West: Thursday
Orientation: 19-24 SEPT 2016 – MONTEREY, CA
Deadline for Application: NLT 8 JUL 2016
Board Notification of Acceptance: 29 JUL 2016
Selectees Acceptance Due to EMBA Program Office: NLT 5 AUG 2016
Fall Instruction Begins: 28 SEPT 2016
To apply for admission to the Civilian EMBA program, complete the following steps:
STEP 1. Complete the NPS EMBA application online.
STEP 2. Send official, sealed transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate schools attended to:
Director of Admissions (Official Transcripts)
1 University Circle (He-022)
Monterey, CA 93943
STEP 3. Prepare supporting documents:
- Complete and sign the Applicant Letter. Sample Application Letter (PDF)
- Secure a signed letter of EMBA enrollment support from your supervisor. Note: the program requires one day of release time per week to attend classes. Sample Endorsement Letter (PDF).
- Secure a Participation Agreement (PDF) from your supervisor. We recommend routing with your Endorsement Letter for signature.
STEP 4. Submit supporting documents:
- Submit signed Endorsement Letter and Applicant Letter to the EMBA program office using e-mail attachments (PDF preferred) or via fax to 831-656-3630.
- Submit signed a PDF copy of the signed Participation Agreement to the Admissions Office via email to firstname.lastname@example.org via or fax to 831-656-2891.