NPS Vehicle Pass & ID Office
The Vehicle Pass and ID Office, located outside of the Main Gate (9th/10th St), is open throughout the day for temporary passes, decals and BIDS Cards. Contact phone numbers: - 656-3477 and 656-1174. Pass and ID Hours of Operation:
- Monday thru Friday: 0700 -1530
- Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: Closed
Please note that NPS Faculty members may obtain their faculty parking decal by contacting Gil Howard instead of the Pass & ID Office.
All requests for addition to the NPS Gate Access List must be submitted at 48 hours in advance to email@example.com (from an NPS email account only). Civilian or contractor visitors must have a NPS member sponsor them.
All received e-mails will be verified by the Base Access List Coordinator, via a telephone call or e-mail. Until such verification is received, the visitor's name will not be added to the Access List. You can also make your requests personally at the NSD Police Department, Bldg #436. Monday – Thursday 0800-1500, Friday 0800-1200. Closed Saturday, Sunday and holidays.
All requests must have the following information:
- Full name of sponsor and contact information (Phone Number included)
- Full name of visitor as it appears on the photo ID
- Duration of visit
- Reason for visit
Classified visits to NPS
Incoming clearances should be submitted using the visits notification section in JPAS (Joint Personnel Adjudication System). SCI clearances should be submitted under SMO code 622713 and collateral clearances under SMO code 622715. Please contact your Security Manager for assistance in submitting the visit request.
If the incoming visitor's security office does not have access to JPAS, then SCI clearances should be sent by the SSO via message to SSO NAVPGSCOL or faxed to (831) 656-3437 or DSN 756-3437.
Collateral clearances may be faxed by the Security Manager, using appropriate security clearance forms to either (831) 656-3437 or 656-2350.
- DO NOT INCLUDE SSN's in faxed visit requests
- PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE POINT OF CONTACT INFORMATION IS FOR THE PERSON OR ORGANIZATION TO BE VISITED AND NOT THE SECURITY MANAGER
The Trusted Agent is in effect. United States Military Active and their dependents, Retired military and Civil Service members who possess valid DoD identification cards are Trusted Agents.
A Trusted Agent and all occupants in the Trusted Agent's automobile can enter the base if the Trusted Agent shows a valid DoD ID card at an NPS gate or if they escort them via a pedestrian gate. Occupants in a Trusted Agent's automobile or walking aboard with a Trusted Agent do not have to sign in at the gate, but must stay with their sponsor at all times.
All other gate access policies remain in place. Again, Trusted Agent applies only to U.S. Active duty and their dependents/retired military, Reservist and Civil service employees with U.S. DoD ID cards. Contractors and international members of the NPS community are not Trusted Agents and will continue to use established gate access procedures to accommodate visitors.
NOTE: The U.S. Military or U.S. Civil Service member is to escort visitors/guests at all times until the visitors/guests leave the installation.
The pedestrian turnstile is open 24 hours a day. The turnstile requires a current TATUS card or Common Access Card programmed with TATUS. TATUS cards and reprogramming of CAC cards to include TATUS are available at the Pass and ID office. You must first complete the TATUS Application form and have it electronically signed by your government supervisor and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Passing security clearances
If you are planning to visit the Naval Postgraduate School and you need your security clearance forwarded, have your security manager submit your clearance information as indicated below.
- Incoming clearances should be submitted using the he visits notification section in JPAS (Joint Personnel Adjudication System).
- SCI clearances should be submitted under SMO code 622713
- Collateral clearances under SMO code 622715.
If the incoming visitor's security office does not have access to JPAS, then:
- SCI clearances should be sent by the SSO via message to SSO NAVPGSCOL or faxed to (831) 656-3437 or DSN 756-3437.
- Collateral clearances may be faxed by the Security Manager, using appropriate security clearance forms to either (831) 656-3437 or 656-2350.
All visit requests should contain the following information:
- Visitor's name, rank and service or title
- Place and date of birth
- Clearance level and date granted
- Investigation and date completed
- Access requested
- Purpose of visit
- Date(s) of visit (If one year perm cert is desired, it must be clearly annotated)
- Visit POC (person actually being visited) and phone
- Visitor's organization and mailing address
- Security manager's name, signature, and date
- Security manager's phone/email/fax