This service is limited to the faculty, students (including distance learning students) and staff of the Naval Postgraduate School. Requests must be for material in support of classroom teaching, research, studies, or other NPS mission-related tasks.
Please Note: For libraries interested in borrowing from the Dudley Knox Library collection, please see our Library to Library Interlibrary Loan Service webpage.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is the process of sharing resources between libraries. While this service is provided at a cost to the library, there is no cost to you. This service:
- Locates and provides materials not owned by Dudley Knox Library.
- Provides Library-owned materials to NPS Distance Learning students.
- Provides Web delivery for most article requests.
- Enables you to check the status of your requests, revise your requests, request renewal of Interlibrary Loan materials, update your personal ILL account information and more.
- Streamlines the request process by enabling secure access, which means that once you have registered in the system you will not have to supply personal information for future requests.
See our for policies for additional information.
Placing a Request
1. Before placing a request, check the library catalog to see if we own this item.
2. Read the Copyright Notice.
3. Login using the Request Article or Book Quick Link on the left side of all pages, or create an account using the First Time Users button.
4. Submit your request.
Items are generally received within 2-10 days. Turnaround time depends upon the type of item requested (book, article, video, etc.) and the availability of the requested item at the libraries contacted.
Every effort will be made to provide your article requests via Web delivery.
Documents that are provided via Web delivery will remain in your account for 30 days. The system will automatically remove and delete documents 30 days after your original e-mail notification whether or not they have been viewed and/or downloaded. We recommend that you download the documents if you anticipate requiring long term access to them.
Interlibrary Loan is located in the Information Desk.
Telephone: (831) 656-7735; Fax: (831) 656-2842; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interlibrary Loan staff are happy to help you with any questions regarding the status of your request. Please feel free to stop by the office Monday through Friday, 0800 to 1630.