- Should you share the thesis, report, article, etc. you are working on at NPS with the whole world or only a specific audience?
- Who makes this decision?
- Who are the stakeholders in your work, and what role do they play?
- And what are the consequences if you chose to share your document with the wrong audience?
These are some of the questions that are addressed in The Tao of Document Control, a Dudley Knox Library workshop aimed at students and new DoD employees grappling with document control and concerned that their work reach the correct audience, now and in the future. This 1 hour workshop is intended as an introduction to this complex yet relevant topic.
Participants will leave the workshop with
- a clearer picture of why documents are sometimes restricted from public access,
- a heightened awareness of concerns surrounding the distribution of their work,
- an understanding of the questions and conversations they should be engaging in with advisors, sponsors and other subject matter experts
- points of contact for further discussion when the time comes for you to make these decisions.
You can sign up for a session on our Library Workshops page.
You can review the PowerPoint slides before or after the class to review some of the information
To make arrangements for us to present the workshop to your class or to tailor it to your students' needs, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.