Location: FLEET & FAMILY SERVICE CENTER
Supervisor: Work & Family Life Supervisor
Objective: To assist FFSC clients in obtaining assistance sought.
- Receive incoming telephone calls, Faxes and Emails from customers concerning retired activities benefits and programs.
- Ascertain customers' needs and answer inquiries; provide information concerning the retirement benefits and programs offered.
- Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of the Annual Retired Military Appreciation Day Seminar.
Qualifications: Excellent communication skills; pleasant personality; ability to solve problems.
Policy and Tasks:
- THE VOLUNTEER AGREES TO:
- Abide by FFSC policy as it relates to confidentiality of all case work and record keeping.
- Conduct him/herself in a positive, friendly, supportive and patient manner.
- Report number of hours worked each month.
- THE FLEET AND FAMILY SERVICE CENTER AGREES TO PROVIDE:
- Volunteer Coordinator to assist and advise the volunteer during his/her time of service.
- On-the-job or scheduled training for the volunteer position.
- Performance feedback