Home Page
About the FFSC
Programs & Services
OSSC Calendar of Events
Customer Satisfaction Survey
NPS Administrative Manual
Home >>  Administration & Services >>  Fleet & Family Support Center >>  Support for Service Members
How can I send a message or show support to our Soldiers?

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Dept. of Defense is responding to queries from thousands of Americans who are again asking what they can do to show their support for service members, especially those serving overseas in this time of war?

The following are websites for several organizations sponsoring programs for members of the Armed Forces overseas. While it would be inappropriate for DoD to endorse any specifically, service members do value and appreciate such expressions of support:
  Donate a calling card to help keep service members in touch with their families at Operation Uplink at www.operationuplink.org
  Make a donation to one of the military relief societies:
    Army Emergency Relief at www.aerhq.org
    Navy/Marine Relief Society at www.nmcrs.org
    Air Force Aid Society at www.afas.org
    Coast Guard Mutual Assistance at www.cgmahq.org
  Volunteer at a VA Hospital to honor veterans who bore the lamp of freedom in past conflicts. www.va.gov/volunteer/
  Support families whose loved ones are being treated at military and VA hospitals through a donation to the Fisher House at www.fisherhouse.org
  Reach out to military families in your community, especially those with a loved one overseas.
  Purchase a CertifiCheck redeemable for merchandise or groceries at AAFES/DeCA by calling 1-877-770-4438 (GIFT) or logging on to www.aafes.com or www.commissaries.com.
  Adopt a unit through the Veteran's of Foreign Wars "Adopt-A-Unit" program, www.vfw.org
  Find opportunities for volunteering through www.serve.gov/.