Page updated 6 August 2008.
LMRA Duties and Responsibilities
Members of the La Mesa Residents’ Association (LMRA) represent the views and needs of the entire La Mesa Village (LMV) community in general. In addition, neighborhood representatives have the responsibility of addressing specific issues related to their geographic areas of interest. Representatives will demonstrate a desire to improve LMV and should seek the views of residents and feedback on activities as part of the LMRA responsibilities. Members must be available to attend monthly LMRA meetings the second Wednesday of each month. Representatives will analyze information presented before and during meetings, and comment as appropriate. Representative will maintain active communications with the LMRA members between monthly meetings.
LMRA Chairman/Vice Chairman
The chairman is responsible for organizing and directing the La Mesa Residents’ Association (LMRA) meetings and activities. The chairman is the La Mesa liaison to all outside agencies including the Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) (through the NPS Dean of Students), Defense Language Institute, Pinnacle property Management Company, and the Residential Communities Initiative (RCI) program. Responsibilities included developing the issues and agenda for the monthly meetings and summarize information obtained from each LMRA representative. The Chairman will ensure that LMRA members are actively engaging and representing the interest of the greatest number of residents. The chairman will oversee the selection of LMRA representatives and documents resident participation.
LMRA Representative and Chairman/Vice Chairman minimum qualifications:
- Resident of La Mesa Village throughout tenure.
- Have a minimum of one year retention.
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Be an active duty service member (Chairman only).
- Must comply and enforce all community standards, and LMRA guidelines and practices.
- Experience with resident associations or community relations highly desired (Chairman only).
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an active communication program within the area of responsibility.
- Provides assistance in with resident services.
- Inform residents of any violations of community standards: as appropriate.
- Collect resident concerns and mediate if necessary and appropriate.
- Be knowledgeable of regulations, policies, and standards.
- Disseminate community related information.
- Display community representative sign at residents.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Enjoys working with and relates well with the residents.
- Able to lead and motivate people; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Able to communicate well, both orally and in writing.
- Self-starter; able to carry out diverse duties with minimal supervision.
- Enjoys thinking of new ideas; is creative and resourceful.
- Professional and positive attitude.