This program offering is designed to examine the characteristics and conditions for successful defense acquisition resource management and decision making and offer some suggestions for improving accountability and transparency in existing national level systems.
Accountability as the means to establish clear lines of responsibility in resource management and decision making processes.
Transparency: Principle and Practice
Transparency as a means of ensuring that policies, procedures and processes are understood
Professionalism as a important component of individual and systemic performance
Procurement competition and sourcing methodologies as tools to ensure that the best decisions are made as to what to buy and how to buy it
Publicizing supportable decisions about the expenditure of the public budget
- Transparency/Accountability Defined
- Characteristics of Transparent Systems
- Accountability: An Individual and Organizational Assessment
- Causes & Effects of Transparent Resource Management Systems
- Role of Government, Legislature and Ministries
- Case Study: Industry and Benefits of Transparency
- Introduction to Public Procurement Systems & Transparency
- Public Procurement Systems: A Case Study: Utopia
- Transparency in the Budget Process
- Individual & Group Ethics: Organizational Challenges
- Global Impact & Implications for Transparency and Accountability
Learning methodologies include lecture, open discussion, working group exercises and case studies.
This offering is designed for international military officers and civilian equivalents of grades 04-06 who are involved in procurement or other decision making systems.
"Strategies for Building and Sustaining Accountability in Defense Resource Management Systems" is exported and customized given a country’s specific requirements. Please contact IDARM Program Manager for scheduling.
Dr. Elisabeth Wright, IDARM Program Manager, E-mail: email@example.com
Strategies for Building and Sustaining Accountability in Defense Resource Management Systems- Spanish Version
Strategies for Building and Sustaining Accountability in Defense Resource Management Systems-French Version
Strategies for Building and Sustaining Accountability in Defense Resource Management Systems-Portuguese Version